12 years ago
Zunnan C

is there such thing as a hdmi-vga adapter?

i have a ps3 and a monitor. the ps3 has the hdmi port and the monitor has a vga. is ther a cable that will let my connect them so that i can play on the monitor? btw my monitor is an lg l2300c
Top 1 Answers
12 years ago
Favorite Answer
You can't use an HDMI-to-VGA cable adapter with the PS3. The PS3's HDMI port sends out a digital DVI video signal only. A monitor's VGA port will NOT be able to use a digital DVI signal-- It can only receive an analog VGA signal. There is a cable out there that has a signal converter chip built into its jack to translate the PS3's analog multiport component signal to VGA, but the image quality is very poor. http://www.amazon.com/Wii-PS3-VGA-HDTV-Cable-Nintendo/dp/B0015MISAG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1261863094&sr=8-1 I would recommend against using it. .